In addition to his private practice, Dr Markov is also involved in:
- Teaching and examining of medical students with the University of Melbourne
- Education of trainee rheumatologists.
- Advising the Victorian and Commonwealth Health Departments on health care complaint handling and professional standards
- The Administrative Appeals Tribunal Providing independent merits review of a wide range of administrative decisions made by the Australian Government ministers and departments
- The Professional Services Review Protecting patients and the community from the risks associated with inappropriate practice and to protect the Commonwealth from having to meet the cost of medical/health services provided as a result of inappropriate practice.